Braces are dental corrective products that are used to straighten teeth, or fix a bad bite. It used to be that when it came to correcting bites, and the alignment of teeth, braces were the only real option. Nowadays, there are many options, for example, Invisalign.
Do you need to see an orthodontist in order to get braces? The short answer is no. Here at Springfield Gentle Dental, while we are technically a dentist office we see hundreds of braces patients a year, as well as many other “orthodontist” cases.
Braces can be a great choice for correcting teeth, or fixing a bite especially when it comes to younger children whose parents may be worried if they would keep their aligners in with a different method of corrective dentistry. In our office we don’t make our patients choose, both treatments cost the same.
So how much do braces cost?
We’re going to talk about the 4 factors that come to play when planning to get braces.
How Much Do Braces Cost Without Insurance?
The cost of braces in Springfield, Ohio is anywhere from $3,000 to $7,500. With that being said just because you don’t have insurance, and may not want to fork out the money for braces, doesn’t mean our office can’t help. We offer a variety of financing plans to consider. You can learn more about braces financing here.
Different Kinds Of Braces
Metal braces are the most common braces to find, they’re probably what you think of when you think of braces. These types of braces use metal brackets attached to the teeth, with a wire running through them. A common trait to metal braces is the various colors of bands that can be placed on the braces. Children love this feature of metal braces as it gives them some uniqueness.
Ceramic braces are very closely related to metal braces; the main difference between them is that the brackets are more clear, or colored to match the tooth to make them much less noticeable.
Ceramic braces are much more common with adults as they tend to like the more invisible features that ceramic braces provide. While in some cases ceramic braces can cost more than standard ceramic braces, the cost is so negligible that it’s not worth noting.
Invisalign braces have been growing in popularity over the years. If you’re not familiar, Invisalign braces are clear aligners that are molded specially for your teeth. The treatment process starts with a mouth scan, that scan is sent into Invisalign, and from there you end up with several pairs of aligners, each set progressing your smile to the end result.
The biggest pro people love about Invisalign is that they can take them out if they need to for various reasons. They don’t restrict you on what you can eat as you can just take them out when eating.
Like we’ve said earlier, while most orthodontists may charge more for either standard braces or Invisalign, here in our office we don’t make our patients choose.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Braces?
Oftentimes dental insurance companies won’t cover braces with a few exceptions.
- Do you have an orthodontics add on? Some dental insurance companies offer an orthodontics add on, alleviating some of the costs to get braces. You would need to check with your dental insurance company, and with your dentist or orthodontist.
- Most dental insurance companies will cover, or partially cover braces for children under 18, if they are deemed medically necessary.
- In some cases your dental insurance company may only cover or partially cover standard metal braces. If you opt for a more expensive route, you may just have to pay the difference.
How Much Do Braces Cost For Kids?
One of the biggest factors in the cost of braces is how long the treatment is. In most cases children don’t need to have braces as long as adults, so on average you can expect to spend 10-20% less for childrens braces, than on adult braces.
How To Save Money On Braces?
While getting braces can get expensive there are several ways you can look to save money.
- Check with your dental insurance company and see if they offer an orthodontic add on. Most big dental insurance companies do, be sure to ask them questions about what you can expect to pay for braces before committing to it.
- Be sure to take good care of your braces. Braces repairs are another associated cost with braces if you don’t keep up with the maintenance.
- Start your braces treatment plan as soon as you can. Over time your bite, and alignment of your teeth isn’t going to get much better. So getting braces as soon as you can, can actually save you money on braces in the long run.
- Ask about financing, or a payment plan. Here at Springfield Gentle Dental, in Springfield, Ohio. We offer all of our patients braces payment plans.
While we can estimate how much you might expect to spend on braces. The best way to know for sure is to see someone who specializes in braces, as well as having a conversion with your dental insurance company.
There are so many factors that can contribute to the price of your braces treatment plan.
If you’re considering braces in Springfield, Ohio reach out to Springfield Gentle Dental.